BUILD (Building Unique and Innovative Lab Designs) is a project-based volunteer opportunity that provides high school students with an innovative way to earn volunteer hours while exploring different ways to get involved at the Fab Lab.
In Mini BUILD, volunteers learn how to use our state-of-the-art equipment and tools, developing technical skills that will benefit them as they get more involved at the Fab Lab.
In BUILD, volunteers level up using their newly acquired skills to bring a lab project from start to finish. From designing and constructing a robot mailbox to programming an Arduino microcontroller, there's a BUILD project to suit all interests!
Why join BUILD?
- Low-commitment volunteer opportunity
- Flexibility to fit various schedules
- Explore the different ways you can get involved at the Fab Lab
- Build technical and life skills like teamwork, project management and more
- Earn community service hours
- Become part of the Fab Lab family and meet likeminded friends
- Unlock additional volunteer opportunities
- Work closely with mentors and experts from various fields