RC Car is SOLD OUT! Click here to add yourself to the waitlist.
2022 RC Custom Car Open
April 1-2, 2022
Design Competition: Friday, April 1, Reserve a slot between 3-6pm
RC Car Race Day: Saturday, April 2, 10am-2pm
RC Car Orientation & Car Pick Up: January 28, 29 or 30 (Sign up link provided after registration)
Workshops run February 4-March 26
Workshops: Fridays 5-7pm, Saturdays & Sundays 8:30-10:30am and 11am-1pm
Meet the Committee
Since its inception, the RC Car program has been designed for students, by students. Meet the 2022 RC Car Executive Committee!
Senior Members: Chris DeMassa, Jacob Hard, Owen Maute, Maddox McGrath, Ray Min, Diego Morales
Junior Members: Landon Bertrand, Natalie Carrion, Daniel Desear, Alex Fernandez, Taytum French, Faith Gill, Colin Lopin, Jared Lopin, Duncan Marmash, Emre Muessemeyer, Jose Serrano, Ava Wasilewski, Nathan Yam
RC Car Policies & Expectations
GENERAL POLICIES - Click to expand
- Students should wear comfortable, fitted, casual clothing and closed-toe/closed-heel shoes while in the lab. NO SANDALS or FLIP FLOPS.
- Loose clothing and jewelry are not permitted for safety purposes and long hair must be secured.
- Running inside the building is not permitted.
- No food or drink (including candy and gum) is allowed in classroom or machine areas.
- The misuse/mistreatment of tools, equipment and machines will not be tolerated.
- Inappropriate behavior or comments will be handled with a Three Stike policy:
- STRIKE 1:
- Reminder: A reminder of our expectations will be given to the student.
- Warning: The student will be removed from camp activities for a short period of time.
- Action: We will discuss the behavior in question when you pick up your child.
- STRIKE 2: If the behavior continues, we will contact you by phone to discuss.
- STRIKE 3: If the behavior ceases to stop after the first two strikes, we will contact you to immediately pick up your child from the lab. We will determine on a case by case basis if the student is allowed to return to the lab in the future.
- STRIKE 1:
WORKSHOPS - Click to expand
- All current COVID-19 Fab Lab policies stand.
- Face coverings are encouraged for unvaccinated participants, but not required.
- Workshops will be limited to 5 teams to allow for distancing. Teams MUST sign up to attend workshops, NO walk-ins will be permitted. The link to sign up for workshops will be made available at RC Car Orientation.
- Only student team members may attend workshops. No parents/guardians are permitted to attend.
LAB ACCESS - Click to expand
- RC Car team members receive two months membership to the Fab Lab to work on their car. To access the lab and work on the car during non-workshop times, teams MUST sign up for a slot. Hours of general lab access are Wednesdays & Thursdays between 3-8pm or Sundays between 1-5pm. The link to sign up for lab access will be made available at RC Car Orientation.
DESIGN COMPETITION - Click to expand
- Design Competition judging will take place the evening before race day: Friday, April 1.
- Teams will sign up for a judging slot between 3-6pm. More information on this will be provided at RC Car Orientation.
2022 RC Car Sponsors