Suncoast Science Center/Faulhaber Fab Lab Volunteer Expectations & Guidelines
Attendance & Volunteer Hours:
- Sign in and out on Volunteer Hub, SSC’s time tracking software, for each shift of volunteering, training and meetings.
- Arrive on time for assignments and meetings. Volunteers can arrive no later than 15 minutes after their scheduled volunteer shift begins and leave no earlier than 15 minutes before their scheduled shift ends. Volunteers not adhering to this policy will be unable to partake in that day’s specific shift.
- Allowed volunteer absences vary depending on program involvement and are subject to committee policies.
- In cases of a volunteer being late or absent the volunteer is responsible for contacting the Programs & Volunteer Director by phone or Discord prior to occurrence.
- Volunteer hours must be reported to the Programs & Volunteer Director by the Sunday of the week they were worked or credit will not be given.
Waiver of Liability
By creating a Volunteer Hub account, you and your parent/guardian agree to all terms in the Waiver of Liability that can be reviewed by clicking here.
To maintain a safe laboratory environment for all volunteers and participants, full-length pants should be worn in addition to closed-toe shoes. Long hair must be tied back when using machinery/equipment.
Inappropriate or discriminatory behavior or comments made to other volunteers, staff, members or students attending classes will not be tolerated and are subject to the Suncoast Science Center’s Three Strike Policy.
Volunteers must not use equipment/machinery without the supervision of Lab Manager or Programs and Volunteer Director unless prior approval is granted based upon the volunteer’s demonstrated knowledge.
Volunteer Three Strike Policy:
- Strike 1 – Verbal warning from senior volunteer or staff member.
- Strike 2 – Sit down conversation with a staff member including written documentation of conduct breach.
- Strike 3 – Access to future volunteer opportunities will be impacted.
Volunteer NDA Policy
All Volunteers of The Citizen Scientists League, Inc. dba: Suncoast Science Center, Inc. (SSC) shall hold and maintain all Information on behalf of Membership in the strictest confidence and are not permitted to and are exempt from signing a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) or Confidentiality Agreement (CA) if requested by an SSC member or their Attorney. The role of Suncoast Science Center Volunteer, when necessary, is to instruct and guide membership in the use of Lab equipment, software, machines and tools. All Volunteers are not to engage in recommending or advising about how to specifically prototype, create, or design their personal or business-related projects that may be considered marketable products.