Suncoast Science Center/Faulhaber Fab Lab Volunteer Expectations & Guidelines
Attendance & Volunteer Hours
- Sign in and out on Volunteer Hub, Suncoast Science Center/Faulhaber Fab Lab’s time tracking software, for each shift of volunteering, training and meetings.
- Arrive on time for assignments and meetings. Volunteers can arrive no later than 15 minutes after their scheduled volunteer shift begins and leave no earlier than 15 minutes before their scheduled shift ends unless agreed upon with staff. Volunteers not adhering to this policy will be unable to partake in that day’s specific shift.
- Allowed volunteer absences vary depending on program involvement and are subject to committee policies.
- In cases of a volunteer being late or absent, the volunteer is responsible for contacting a Fab Lab staff member by email, phone or Discord prior to occurrence.
- Unlogged volunteer hours must be reported to Fab Lab staff by Sunday of the week they were acquired or credit will not be given.
Waiver of Liability
By creating a Volunteer Hub account and signing up as a volunteer, you and your parent/guardian agree to all terms in the Waiver of Liability that can be reviewed by clicking here.
To maintain a safe laboratory environment for all volunteers and participants, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes must be worn at all times. Shorts are permitted as long as they extend at least as far as fingertips-length on an extended arm or longer. Long hair must be tied back when using machinery/equipment.
Volunteers must not use equipment/machinery without the supervision of Lab Manager or Fab Lab staff unless the volunteer is certified or is accompanied by a certified volunteer.
Volunteers should treat all people with kindness and respect, keep their hands to themselves, use courteous language, and exhibit a positive attitude while volunteering and/or while in the lab for any other reason. Inappropriate or discriminatory behavior or comments made to other volunteers, staff, members or students attending classes will not be tolerated and are subject to the Fab Lab’s Three Strike Policy.
Volunteer Three Strike Policy
- Strike 1 – Verbal warning from senior volunteer or staff member.
- Strike 2 – Sit down conversation with a staff member including written documentation of conduct breach.
- Strike 3 – Access to future volunteer opportunities will be impacted.
By volunteering with the Fab Lab, you agree to allow the organization to take and publish photos/videos taken of you for recruitment or marketing purposes.
Volunteer NDA Policy
All Volunteers of The Citizen Scientists League, Inc. dba: Suncoast Science Center/Faulhaber Fab Lab (SSC) shall hold and maintain all Information on behalf of Membership in the strictest confidence and are not permitted to and are exempt from signing a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) or Confidentiality Agreement (CA) if requested by an SSC member or their Attorney. The role of SSC Volunteer, when necessary, is to instruct and guide membership in the use of Lab equipment, software, machines and tools. All Volunteers are not to engage in recommending or advising about how to specifically prototype, create, or design their personal or business-related projects that may be considered marketable products.